Also known as reduction mammoplasty, breast reduction removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve a breast size in proportion with your body and to alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts.
Overly large breasts can cause some women to have both health and emotional problems. In addition to self-image issues, you may also experience physical pain and discomfort.
The weight of excess breast tissue can impair your ability to lead with an active life. The emotional discomfort and self-consciousness often associated with having large pendulous breasts is as important an issue to many women as the physical discomfort and pain.
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectation
- You don’t smoke
- You are bothered
- Your breasts limit your physical activity
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin